TAKING THE CURRICULUM OUTDOORS
The 8 hour course is fully interactive and covers the benefits of outdoor learning; practical ideas for subject specific teaching and learning; facilitation styles, group and risk management; and overcoming barriers. As well as practical and transferable activities, participants will gain first hand experience of the principles underpinning outdoor learning appropriate to any key stage. Assessment is via submission of a post-course portfolio of school-based outdoor learning activities. For frequently asked questions please click here.
- Understand the benefits of learning outside the classroom environment
- Understand the principles and concepts relating to managing groups and facilitating learning outside the classroom environment
- Understand risk assessment when planning learning outside the classroom environment
- Plan activity linked to the curriculum and defined outcomes through learning outside the classroom environment
- Deliver activities linked to the curriculum and defined outcomes through learning outside the classroom environment
Comments from previous courses
‘Fantastic, relevant and enjoyable – this has been the best Inset day I have ever had!’
‘Engaging, interesting and ideas we can take away – I remember more of today than the majority of ‘sit down’ courses and that
just reinforces the whole point. I highly recommend this to others.’
‘It was brilliant – Tim and Anita were very approachable.’
‘Fantastic and very enjoyable – the ideas you gave us today were great.’
‘Fabulous mixture of activities….’
‘Really good – ‘doing’ the activities really helps it stick in your mind – I would recommend it.’
‘Excellent! I feel as if I have discovered a lot and feel motivated to try it out with the children.’
‘I would definitely recommend the training as it is inspiring, kinaesthetic and makes you feel good – just think how it would make
‘Use of our environment made it realistic and achievable.’
‘Superb!! Informative and inspiring – thank you.’
‘Exceeded expectations – I would definitely recommend to other schools.’
- £265 per person (Face to face).
- £295 per person (Online).
- Includes all training materials, course pack, assessment and course certificate.
- Whole school packages are available — please contact us to discuss your requirements.
Thur 2nd Nov 2023
Taking the Curriculum Outdoors
Forton Primary School, School Ln, Forton, Preston, PR3 0AS